This kit list is designed for you to take 1 large rucksack or holdall bag (at least 65 litres + lined with a bin bag) and 1 daysack (typical school rucksack size). No suitcases please. All kit must fit in these two bags.
- Label everything with your full name and ‘14th Highfield’! Important as there will be 300+ people!
- Pack all your own kit yourself, but check with an adult if you’re unsure about something.
- Check the weather forecast before camp and pack accordingly.
TRAVELLING TO AND FROM CAMP
- Event t-shirt or Scout Shirt
- 3 t-shirts
- 3 Jumpers or hoodies
- 2 Pairs of trousers (not jeans, which are useless in wet weather)
- 1-2 pairs of shorts (Weather Dependant)
- 3 Changes of underwear
- 3 Pairs of socks (a mix of thick and thin)
- Waterproof Top & Bottoms
- Hiking Boots or Welly boots
- Spare trainers
Water activities (consider wearing clothes from previous days to save space in your rucksack) or bring:
- 1 additional full change of kit (1x hard shoes, socks, swim shorts, underwear, t-shirt, jacket/raincoat)
- Small Towel (included in Hygiene kit)
- *Wetsuit (optional)
- Sleeping bag (3-4 seasons)
- Sleeping mat (roll or self-inflating)
Essential Kit (Hygiene)
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Wash Kit
- Small towel
- Plate, Bowl & mug
- Knife, fork & spoon
- x2 Old Tea towels
- 1L Water bottle or equivalent
- Torch & spare batteries
- Sun cream
- Bin bag for wet/dirty clothing
- Insect Repellent
- Camp chair
- Watch (so no 5am wakeups!)
- Spending money (max. £5)
- Sunhat & sunglasses
- GoPro/camera, batteries etc. (bring at your own risk: we accept no responsibility if broken or lost)
- Hand sanitizer
If you have personal medication
- Name it and include dosage instructions
- Hand it in upon arrival
- Asthmatics must carry their own inhaler
NOTE: PLEASE LEAVE AT HOME
- Mobile phones & electronic devices must not be brought to camp.
- Pen Knives
- Food & Snacks – We have people with allergens and the food in tents attracts pests.
- Anything that isn’t on this kit list as it will make your bag heavier!
PLACES WITH DISCOUNTS
- 10% at GO Outdoors – Millbrook – take a necker
- Discount at Cotswolds Outdoor – Hedge End – take a necker