Cubs who do not attend regularly lose out by not having the opportunity to complete their badge work, their attendance patterns have a detrimental effect on the rest of their Six and they can create problems for the leaders in organising activities. They are also depriving another child of a place in the Pack, and the 14th has a long waiting list.
Any Cub who misses three consecutive weeks without a valid reason will immediately forfeit their place in the Pack. Further, any Cub who misses 6 or more weeks in the term, again without a valid reason, will be asked to leave the Pack at the end of term.
The Cubs have developed their own Behaviour Charter:
- Listen when others are talking.
- Be respectful, kind and polite.
- Be a good friend.
- Try to stay positive.
- Respect people’s property.
- Do your best to be on time.
- DON’T hurt other people.
- DON’T be disruptive.
The 14th Cub Pack operates a three-strike system regarding poor behaviour:
- In the first instance of poor behaviour, the Cub will be asked to stop by one of the leadership team.
- If the poor behaviour continues, a verbal warning will be given to the Cub.
- If the Cub then carries on with the poor behaviour, they will be removed from the activity.
Parents will be informed when a Cub has been removed from an activity, and will also be informed of repeated poor behaviour over a series of Cub meetings. The Cub may then be asked to miss a session in an attempt to break the cycle of poor behaviour and we will work with the family to find helpful strategies. The support and cooperation of all parents in reinforcing these rules will ensure that our Cubs can enjoy and benefit from all our activities.