Kit list: 2-night camps
- Please pack kit into a hold-all style bag – much easier than rucksacks to get things into & out of. It’s good to use a black bin bag as a “lining” to keep the clothes dry just in case the bag gets wet.
- Please involve your Cub with the packing so they know where everything is.
- Please make sure everything is named. Old clothes that can get muddy and/or damaged are best.
- It will be cold at night. Please send your Cub with an appropriate sleeping bag and blanket to ensure they are warm.
- Please only send cakes to share. No other food/sweets – or mice will nibble holes into the tents!
- No mobile phones, electronic games, or other gadgets are allowed.
- No money please.
- All medicines must be in a labelled bag with instructions and given to the designated leader on arrival.
|Cake/fruit to share – see final email as to who’s bringing which|
|Cub jumper, t-shirt & necker – please wear on arrival|
|2 warm jumpers/fleece tops|
|3+ pairs of trousers – no jeans|
|3+ changes of underwear|
|3+ pairs socks and thick socks for wellies/boots|
|Sturdy trainers or walking boots|
|Hat & gloves or sun hat – depending on weather|
|Wash kit & towel|
|Roll mat – foam or self-inflating – NO air-mattresses or camp beds|
|Warm sleeping bag|
|2 pairs pyjamas – NO onesies|
|Book & 2-4 player game|
|Teddy – everyone brings one so if someone needs theirs they aren’t the odd one out|
|Plastic sandwich box|
|Small rucksack to fit waterproofs & lunch|
|2 old tea towels|
|Torch with new batteries & spares|
|2 strong bin bags for wet clothes|
Note: No responsibility for the personal equipment/clothing and effects can be accepted by the camp organisers and The Scout Association does not provide automatic insurance cover in respect to such items.