- Please pack kit into a hold-all style bag – these are much easier than rucksacks as they’re easy for beavers to get things in & out.
- Please involve your beaver with the packing so they know where everything is.
- Please make sure EVERYTHING is named.
- Old clothes that will get muddy and may get damaged are best!
- Feel free to bring more stuff than this list.
- No need for packed lunch this time
- Optionally – cakes to share (hand in at start please)
- Beaver jumper & necker – please wear on arrival
- 2 t-shirts *
- 2 jumpers *
- 2 pairs of trousers – not jeans as they’re useless when wet *
- 2 changes of underwear *
- Waterproof tops
- Waterproof bottoms
- Welly-boots (and thick socks if needed)
- Sun hat
- Roll mat * – either the foam ones or a self-inflating style roll mat. Definitely NOT air-mattresses or camping beds – they’re too big
- Sleeping bag * and please show your beaver how to use it.
- Blanket (unless it’s summer-term)
- Pillow – home one will be best, if it can get muddy!
- Book or equivalent to keep them quiet at 5am if they wake up
- Optional – 2-4 player games for if they wake up at 6am and really don’t stay in their tent!
* for “district camp” in May – please bring two roll-matts for extra insulation, and either two sleeping bags or a 4-season sleeping bag, and I’d suggest bringing a complete extra set of clothes
- 2 old tea-towels
- Sun cream
- Water bottle – at least 1 litre
- Wash kit (predominantly toothbrush & toothpaste – having an actual shower is very unlikely!)
- Torch – ideally LED head-torch with fresh batteries
- Bin-bag for wet clothes
- Medicines – in labeled bag with instructions, given to leader on arrival
- Watch – let’s hope no 5am wake-ups!
- Teddy – everyone brings one so those who need it don’t feel they’re the odd-one-out
Leave at home:
- Anything electrical – including mobile phones
- Anything valuable (other than your child!!)
- Anything easily breakable
- Food/sweets – but feel free to bring a cake to share with everyone – hand in to leaders at start – but this is totally optional!
- Pen knife, matches, etc
If you’re shopping in Go Outdoors – print this to get a further 10% discount