- Please pack kit into a hold-all style bag – these are much easier than rucksacks as they’re easy for beavers to get things in & out.
- Please involve your beaver with the packing so they know where everything is.
- Please make sure EVERYTHING is named.
- Old clothes that will get muddy and may get damaged are best!
- Feel free to bring more stuff than this list.
- Eat before you arrive on Friday – although we will have a small snack in the evening
- Packed lunch for Saturday
- Optionally – cake to share
- Beaver jumper & necker – please wear on arrival
- 3 t-shirts
- 3 jumpers
- 3 pairs of trousers – not jeans as they’re useless when wet
- 3 changes of underwear
- Waterproof tops
- Waterproof bottoms
- Welly-boots (and thick socks if needed)
- Sleeping bag – and please show your beaver how to use it
- Pillow – home one will be best
- Book or equivalent to keep them quiet at 5am if they wake up
- Optional – 2-4 player games for if they wake up at 6am and really don’t stay in bed!
- 2 old tea-towels
- Water bottle – at least 1 litre
- Wash kit (predominantly toothbrush & toothpaste – having an actual shower is very unlikely!)
- Torch – ideally LED head-torch with fresh batteries
- Bin-bag for wet clothes
- Medicines – in labeled bag with instructions, given to leader on arrival
- Watch – let’s hope no 5am wake-ups!
- Teddy – everyone brings one so those who need it don’t feel they’re the odd-one-out
- (Roll mats are not needed – there are bunk beds)
Leave at home:
- Anything electrical – including mobile phones
- Anything valuable (other than your child!!)
- Anything easily breakable
- Food/sweets – but feel free to bring a cake to share with everyone – hand in to leaders at start – but this is totally optional!
- Pen knife, matches, etc
If you’re shopping in Go Outdoors – print this to get a further 10% discount